Infection Prevention Patient Education
Patients and families are considered to be a part of our healthcare team at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southlake! The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has developed a video called “Hand Hygiene Save Lives”. Take a few moments to view this video prior to coming in to our facility!
Infection Prevention is key! The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other co-sponsors have developed educational brochures for you and your family! Among these informational guides you will find information regarding the prevention of : Surgical Site Infection (SSI), Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infection, Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI), Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP), Clostridium difficile, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), and Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus (VRE).
- Surgical Site Infections
- Catheter Associated Bloodstream Infections
- Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infection
- Clostridium Difficile
- MRSA Staph
- Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus
- Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
- Take Three Actions to Fight the Flu
- Stop! Please Don't Visit With Fever or Cough
- Handwashing, a Family Activity
- Vaccinate to Protect Against Whooping Cough
- West Nile Virus
- Everyday Prevention Against Spreading Germs